Our client is International Tech Scale-Up, based in Hilversum, the Netherlands, that is working on a next-generation observability product with an international team. The mission to ease the complexities of running and evolving the digital enterprise and offer a platform that acts as the central nervous system of large-scale complex IT environments.
We are looking for a Lead Software engineer SCALA to join our client.
What you will do if you join our development team?
– Work in a cross-functional team to design and implement features that help SRE's do more efficient root cause analysis;
– Build real-time event processing and analysis functionality;
– Build performant APIs for ingesting and storing metric and event data;
– Test your work to ensure it meets targets for performance, robustness, and correctness.
– Coach and manage 1 team of Scala engineers
– You will be 30-40% coaching and 60-70% coding
What we expect from you?
– 8+ years of experience as a software engineer;
– 3+ years of development experience with Scala;
– Experience with coaching and managing a team of software engineers(preferably scala)
– Experience with functional programming and working with streams;
– Experience with graph databases, ZIO, scalaz, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Akka streams a plus;
– Development practices methodologies and tools, specifically Scrum;
– Knowledge of modern DevOps practices;
– Experience working in a start-up environment.
Sounds like a real challenge and just imagine YOU as part of our development team?
– Well funded startup having recently raised 8M in series A
– Backed by a leader in DevOps and Continuous Delivery with hundreds of customers and offices in Europe, US and Asia
– Team that comprises of folks from Splunk, IBM etc.
– Opportunity to work on unique approach disrupting a $5B industry
– Growing rapidly with the top Dutch telecom company as its customer with others on the pipeline
– Work on different areas of the tech stack and make a huge impact on the roadmap (this needs to be customized for the specific position)
What is offered:
- Competitive salary up to 100k based on experience and your interview process
- Relocation package, when needed
- Bonus and stock options
- Training budget of €3500 per employee per year with 5 extra days for training purposes to take off.
- Startup culture, with an enterprise backing!
- People! We are a globally-distributed team of super-dedicated, creative techno-wizards that love to innovate and create products to help solve problems for our users.
- Passion! Our small team works in startup-mode to deliver the best product possible. Everyone is passionate about the product and contributes to product definition, marketing, sales, and support.
- Technology! Built on Scala and AngularJS, our tools continuously evolve to give our customers the edge in the latest trends. Puppet, Salt, Docker, cloud – you’ll have the opportunity to work with all of them.
- Innovation! Bi-weekly knowledge events, monthly day-long tech-rallies, our technical teams are given the freedom to innovate and drive our products forward.
- Agility! Our agile way of working gives us an edge in bringing our elegantly simple tools to market and gives us the flexibility we need to compete and win in the market.
- Benefits! Competitive salary, a top-of-the-line laptop, mobile phone and all the books you can read. We take good care of our people and give them the tools they need to shine.
How does it sound? In case you're thinking to make a change and grow professionally, we would be happy to receive an updated CV and schedule a conversation with you. Apply on the website or send your email to email@example.com.