Welcome and congratulations for clicking on this! (^.^)
If you’re sitting comfortably, let me paint a picture for you: imagine waking up excited every morning to go to the office. Sounds far-fetched, right? Well not anymore. Not when it is a cool, modern office, in an open space with a bunch of cool dudes and dudettes from all over the world, doing their magic✨to deliver software applications. As a collective, you work for an enterprise DevOps platform adopted by the largest and most demanding companies in the world, providing them with the intelligence, automation, and control they need to deliver software faster and with less risk. You must know you will be a part of a team that includes some of the early DevOps visionaries and leaders who literally wrote the book on Continuous Delivery.
Don’t get me wrong, your colleagues are a cocktail of nationalities, who work hard, but party harder, and who will most likely adopt you in their shenanigans as well. What else is fun about the team and the company? Read until the end.
What will your role in all this be, you ask?
You will be empowered to drive strategy, roadmap, and execution for
the product architecture evolution. You will be responsible for technical leadership to deliver a scalable and
API based platforms responsive to fast evolving business needs. You will work directly with a Senior Engineering Manager and business leaders to build the roadmap and communicate progress to leadership staff.
“Yes, yes” you must say, “but what about the actual responsibilities?
* Define the software architecture of a mission critical enterprise software application to meet performance,
capacity, and scalability targets.
* Perform design, development and support of existing and new products.
* Understand product vision and business needs to define and evolve product architecture.
* Work with Product Management in planning and execution of new product releases.
* Assist Scrum teams with feature design and product architecture.
* Communicate system requirements to software development teams
* Evaluate and select appropriate technologies and frameworks.
* Offer mentorship to teams, participate in code reviews and provide guidance to team members.
“OK. I can do all that!” I hear you say. Awesome sauce. “What do I need to have to apply?”
- A must is 8+ years of software development experience on large projects delivering enterprise software 😍
- Experience in technical leadership</strong>.;
- Experience with Java;
- Knowledge and experience with Scala, Spring, Hibernate.
- Knowledge and experience with secure development lifecycle principles and application security.
- Knowledge and experience with various database technologies (relation databases, NoSQL).
- Knowledge of microservice-based architectures.
- Knowledge of software architecture and design patterns and acumen when to apply them.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD technologies and tools.
- Result-driven attitude.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile / Scrum.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English (written and verbal). ); BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience, post-graduate degree preferred
- Willingness to relocate to Utrecht, Netherlands, but could also be located in Burling, MA, USA (Boston area). 🚲
Sounds great so far, doesn’t it? Well, if you read so far (you get a cookie) but you also get to know what’s in it for you:
- You will work for a company founded in the Netherlands and with HQ in the US, with additional offices can be found in the UK, France, Germany, and India.
- People! – super-dedicated wizards that love to innovate products;
- Passion! – start-up mentality with a passion for the product definition, marketing, sales, and support;
- Technology! – tools built on Scala and AngularJS. Puppet, SaltStack, Docker, Cloud – you will work with all of them;
- Agility! – an agile way of working that gives an edge in bringing elegantly simple tools to market, tools that can compete and win in the market.
- 📱💻💡💟Benefits! 🎠⏳📚💰
- Competitive salary according to experience, relocation package, VISA assistance, a top-of-the-line laptop, mobile phone and all the books you can read! You will have all the tools you need to shine bright like a star (diamonds don’t shine, Rihanna! They reflect!);
- Training budget of 3500 EUR per employee per year; You will find a lot of accent on tech conferences and podcasts, meet-ups and always in the news with the latest tech trends;
- Foosball? Or Never-Have-I-Ever in the breaks? I know it’s a drinking game but I already warned you your team is a bunch of party animals;
- A sweet garden with a swing in it if you feel the need to go cry somewhere and feel cradled by the sweet release of… gravity? I don’t know, man. I don’t know.
- Surinamese food personally delivered by the chef’s son, a cool dude who is in the same building and also helps bring in new awesome people like you to the team.
So, if by now you feel like you kind of already belong in this team, or should at least give this a try to see who these cool people are, either apply here or send your CV to me 🐭 at email@example.com. I promise I’ll make it fun.
Cookie for reading this far. Cheers!