We are looking for permanent Manager Engineering for our client a International Tech company in Amsterdam, specialized in linking scientists with the academic information needed for research.
What you are going to do:
- This new role will be a key part of a cross-functional product development group using agile management and engineering practices.
- You will provide personal, delivery and technical leadership to your teams of developers, automation QAs, business analysts and user experience designers.
- If you join us in this role you will be working on a high-profile and business critical project which, for the right candidate, will offer an opportunity for career progression and may involve some international travel.
- The Manager Engineering will be working to build an environment focused on encouraging creativity and collaboration.
- The ideal candidate should be an experienced Software Development Manager with at least 2+ years exp
- Must have exp in managing a IT team of 25-50 FTE or 3-5 Chapters
- Servant-leader line management of software engineers, team building, hiring and career guidance
- Skilled in building great relationships with Product, business teams and customers
- MUST only candidates who live in The Netherlands can apply
- A positive, constructive approach with an emphasis on collaboration and flexibility
- A passion for all aspects of software development from design through refining
- Agile Scrum, ideally you are a Certified Scrum Master and have led all the standard Scrum ceremonies
- Experience of leading teams in building RESTful micro services using Spring Boot or similar.
- Coding experience with Java 7 or 8
- Familiarity with front and back end automation testing
- Continuous integration, ideally continuous deployment
- AWS development/deployment experience or similar cloud based platforms
- Build Automation experience using common Java Build tools
- Use of git source control
- Architect-level understanding of multi-tier web applications and services
- Competitive salary based on your experience, up to 120k per year for the right candidate
- Visa for candidates who live already in The Netherlands
- No relocation is provided
- Growing a team within a new and changing environment
- Informal and super-friendly working atmosphere
- Office near public transportation
How does it sound? In case you're thinking to make a change and grow professionally, we would be happy to receive an updated CV and schedule a conversation with you. Apply on the website or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.