Our client, a startup software company based in Utrecht with 25 employees, develops an IT algorithmic operations tool that helps their costumers decrease downtime and they are growing rapidly. No more errors in IT environments!
– Well funded startup having recently raised 8M in series A
– Backed by a leader in DevOps and Continuous Delivery with hundreds of customers and offices in Europe, US and Asia
– Team that comprises of folks from Splunk, IBM etc.
– Opportunity to work on unique approach disrupting a $5B industry
– Growing rapidly with the top Dutch telecom company as its customer with others on the pipeline
– Work on different areas of the tech stack and make a huge impact on the roadmap (this needs to be customized for the specific position)
Our client is looking for a Big Data Engineer.
You are responsible for helping setting up the Big data engineering team and you will be its first team member.
- You will be operating within the Analytics team, focused on surfacing insights using the data collected by our AIOps platform
- Work with our Data Scientist to implement machine learning models
- Productize these models and add them to our AIOps platform
- Able to cope with an agile environment with high complexity and new challenges every day.
- Deliver your work with high quality and throughput.
We are looking for individual who has a flexible and can-do mentality, loves to develop new things and are enthusiastic about the new area of expertise.
It is important that you have:
- 3-4 years of experience in big data engineering
- Coding in Scala
- Experience min 1-2 years with big data solutions such as Hadoop, Spark or Flink
- Expert in SQL AND T-SQL, ER and Dimensional modeling, reporting, Data warehouses, Metadata and ETL.
- Experience working in a SCRUM Environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working in a continuous delivery environment
What is offer:
What is offered:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package, when needed
- Training budget of €5000 per employee per year with 5 extra days for training purposes to take of.
- Startup culture!
- People! We are a globally-distributed team of super-dedicated, creative techno-wizards that love to innovate and create products to help solve problems for our users.
- Passion! Our small team works in startup-mode to deliver the best product possible. Everyone is passionate about the product and contributes to product definition, marketing, sales, and support.
- Technology! Built on Scala and AngularJS, our tools continuously evolve to give our customers the edge in the latest trends. Puppet, Salt, Docker, cloud – you’ll have the opportunity to work with all of them.
- Innovation! Bi-weekly knowledge events, monthly day-long tech rallies – our technical teams are given the freedom to innovate and drive our products forward.
- Agility! Our agile way of working gives us an edge in bringing our elegantly simple tools to market and gives us the flexibility we need to compete and win in the market.
- Benefits! Competitive salary, a top-of-the-line laptop, mobile phone and all the books you can read. We take good care of our people and give them the tools they need to shine.