What you will do:
Working on a brand-new product is even more exciting. Are you a fan of DevOps, Continuous Improvement and Big Data Analysis? The position of a Big Data Analyst is for sure something you will like.
With our new product, we not only show where to improve but advise on how to improve. Doing data analysis to discover patterns and do predictions is crucial to drive our customers forward. You will be in a key position to do this data analysis and help the development teams to build the right models and visualisations.
- Setup a structured approach towards data analysis
- Discover patterns in the data to come up with improvement suggestions
- Optimize our Spark/Spark Streaming/Elasticsearch data structures and algorithms optimized for pattern discovery and performance
- Innovate data aggregation approaches
- Advice on data visualization UI improvement
Who you are:
- Enthusiastic about designing new abstractions and libraries tailored for the task as well as searching for existing ones
- Able to explain maths to non-math people
- You drive the change yourself, you’re the one who will explain to the other team members where to improve
- Team-player who thrives in a high-energy, dynamic environment, with experience working in an agile development process
- Loves to discuss ideas for improving products and processes
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure start-up environment
- Results-driven: able to deliver the best possible outcome at the right time!
Minimum knowledge and experience:
Our engineering teams work on many projects and improvements to support and speed up our software delivery. We are looking for someone with the following background and exact or similar technologies:
- Deep knowledge of mathematical statistics
- Experience in Spark/Spark Streaming (Java, Scala or Python) is an advantage
- Higher vocational or university education, preferably in IT/technical, and the ability to think analytically with a strong focus on results
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as good written and spoken English
– A great working environment with colleagues from all around the world;
– Competitive salary;
– Training budget of 3500 euro per year;
– 25 holiday;
– Newest laptops and mobile phone.
How does it sound? In case you're thinking to make a change and grow professionally, we would be happy to receive an updated CV and schedule a conversation with you. Apply on the website or send your email to email@example.com.